English Boost – weekly intermediate English lessons in your email inbox
Are you an intermediate English learner?
This membership is for you!
Every Monday, you will receive an email in your inbox, full of tips and practical activities to help you improve your English in your own time.
Not only that, you can access the library of past lessons and participate in the monthly Zoom meet-up!
This subscription is ideal for you if:
- You are currently taking English lessons and would like to accelerate your learning.
- You don’t have time for regular lessons, but you would like to boost your English in your own time.
- You took lessons “a long time ago” and would like to refresh your English.
- You are a parent using English as a secondary language at home with your children.
- You’re teaching English and you don’t feel confident doing so.
- You would like to speak better English to communicate with family and friends.
- You need English for your job and you would like to improve your skills.
- You love the language and you want to learn more!
What you’ll get:
- Actionable tasks (a listening, reading or writing activity) every week to help you boost your vocabulary and expression.
- Learning tips from an English teacher with 10+ years of experience.
- Full access to all past lessons, covering different aspects of learning English (listening, writing, reading, grammar etc.).
- Free access to an online Discord community, where you can follow group discussions and where you have the opportunity to ask me questions and request materials at any time*.
- Free access to a monthly online Q & A and conversation session on Zoom.
- Free or discounted access to future online workshops and conversation groups.
*The Discord channel is accessible at all times, and I check and reply to questions and requests regularly.
What does a typical weekly email lesson contain?
1. A long activity – this will generally take you 30 minutes to complete. I provide source material (a video, article or audio clip) and give you a guided language activity to work on.
2. A “quick boost“, for when you only have 5 minutes to practise your English.
3. A language learning tip – this can be any of the quick tips I give in my English lessons on pronunciation, grammar, building vocabulary, staying motivated, etc.
How will the membership help you to improve your English?
To improve a language, you need regular practice, and you need to work on your listening, reading, writing and speaking skills. I’ve designed the lessons to be easy to fit into a busy schedule and varied, allowing you to work on all these skills throughout the month.
You will boost your vocabulary, strengthen your comprehension skills, improve your spoken and written expression and gain more overall confidence in your use of English.
What level are the activities designed for?
The activities are designed for intermediate learners. If you’re familiar with the CERCL, the activities are A2/B1 level. If you’re not sure of your level, please read this post.
If you can read and understand the majority of this page, you will be able to follow the lessons.
If you are already B1/B2 level, you may still find the lessons interesting as there are many possibilities to build vocabulary in different contexts and revise intermediate grammar aspects.
When will you receive your first email?
You’ll receive your first email on the Monday after you sign up, at 9 am CET.
You will get instant access to the lesson library, and I will send you an invitation to join the Discord server.
What is the monthly Zoom meet-up?
This is a session open to all English Boost members. The sessions take place on the third Wednesday evening of the month, from 8 pm to 9:30 pm CET.
During this session, I am available to answer your questions about learning English. After this, we can discuss the topics covered in the weekly lessons and/or play a game in English! It’s your opportunity to use the new vocabulary you’ve learnt and practise speaking with native and non-native English speakers in a relaxed online space.
How much does it cost?
The current price is 27 euros per month. You will be charged on a monthly basis, but you can unsubscribe anytime. Your price will stay the same as long as you are subscribed, even if I change the membership price in the future.
How long does the membership last?
As long as you want! You can unsubscribe anytime.
Who will be teaching you?
Hi, I’m Sarah, aka Sarah Speaks English! Teaching English is my day job and passion. I live in France and I’ve been teaching English to students from 4 to 80+ for over a decade. I have a gentle and positive approach to learning languages, and I want to share this approach with as many people as possible.
A weekly email lesson for intermediate English learners full of tips and practical activities.