English Boost self-study club
Are you an intermediate English learner?
This email subscription is for you!
Every Monday, you will receive an email in your inbox, full of tips and practical activities to help you improve your English in your own time.
This newsletter is ideal for you if:
- You are currently taking English lessons and would like to accelerate your learning.
- You don't have time for regular lessons, but you would like to boost your English in your own time.
- You took lessons "a long time ago" and would like to refresh your English.
- You are a parent using English as a secondary language at home with your children.
- You're teaching English and you don't feel confident doing so.
- You would like to speak better English to communicate with family and friends.
- You need English for your job and you would like to improve your skills.
- You love the language and you want to learn more!
What you'll get:
- Actionable tasks (a listening, reading or writing activity) every week to help you boost your vocabulary and expression.
- Learning tips from an English teacher with 10+ years of experience.
- Free access to an online Discord community, where you can follow group discussions and where you have the opportunity to ask me questions and request materials at any time*.
- Free access to future online conversation groups (dates to be announced).
- Free or discounted access to future online workshops.
What does a typical newsletter contain?
- A long activity - this will generally take you 30 minutes to complete. I provide source material (a video, article or audio clip) and give you a guided language activity to work on.
- A "quick boost", for when you only have 5 minutes to practise your English.
- A language learning tip - this can be any of the quick tips I give in my English lessons on pronunciation, grammar, building vocabulary, staying motivated, etc.
What level are the activities designed for?
The activities are designed for intermediate learners. If you're familiar with the CERCL, the activities are A2/B1 level. If you're not sure of your level, please read this post.
When will you receive your first email?
You'll receive your first email on the Monday after you sign up, at 9 am CET.
How much does it cost?
The current price for founding members is just €5 a month, plus VAT. Please note that Gumroad will convert your charge into US dollars. This is a special launch price!
(Si vous êtes en France, contactez-moi avant de vous abonner ! email@example.com)
How long does the membership last?
As long as you want! You can unsubscribe anytime. This means that if you only want to stay one month, you get at least 4 mini English lessons and a month's access to the online community!
Who am I?
Hi, I'm Sarah, aka Sarah Speaks English! Teaching English is my day job and passion. I live in France and I've been teaching English to students from 4 to 80+ for over a decade. I have a gentle and positive approach to learning languages, and I want to share this approach with as many people as possible.
You can find me on Facebook or Instagram. I'm also the co-creator of the Speak Easy online event and the Language Café on Ile de Ré - as I said, languages and community are my passion!
*The Discord channel is accessible at all times, and I check and reply to questions and requests regularly.
A weekly email lesson for intermediate English learners full of tips and practical activities.